The State University of Novi Pazar is our consortium member which was included into the Project after the first year of its implementation. The visit to the University was organized on the 2nd of March with the aim to present the Project goals to the local community leaders and university staff and students. The meeting was very successful which was clearly stated by Project participants, academic staff, and local government representatives of Novi Pazar and Sjenica, who all showed great interest and full support to the presented ideas and aims of the Project and recognized importance of high education and research as a driving force of progress of the whole region.
- 09:00 Departure from Kopaonik
- 10:40 Arrival to the State University of Novi Pazar
- 10:50 Reception in the Rector's office and welcome word of the Rector Prof. Ćemal Dolićanin
- 11:00 Presentation of the State University of Novi Pazar
- 11:20 Greeting words of the guests:
- Prof. Furio Honsell, city mayor of Udine,
- Prof. Silvia Ghilezan, project coordinator,
- Dr. Meho Mahmutović, deputy mayor of Novi Pazar,
- Prof. Zoran Marković, director of Mathematical Institute of The Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- 11:40 Press conference
- 11:50 Tour around The University building
- 12:00 Visit to the Sopoćani Monastery
- 13:10 Lunch
- 15:00 Departure from Novi Pazar.
This visit attracted considerable attention of local media. The newspaper article and a transcript from the local radio programme can be found below: